I was a little disheartened about what's been going on lately with my boy Barack's campaign. I don't need to go into it . . . Rev. Wright's self-aggrandizing tour hasn't been helpful. We'll just put it that way.
But future first lady Michelle Obama . . . awww, shucks! Stand by yo' man, gul. Stand by yo' man! She can definitely hold her own. Thank you, Michelle, for putting it in the media's face that it's time to move on. Repeatedly rehashing Rev. Wright ain't gonna lower gas prices, help the economy, give job security, ensure that people have decent health care or allow kids to get a decent education. Observe these recent interviews and news clips. Oh, I can SO see her as first lady.
Here's one with Michelle and Caroline Kennedy:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/30/michelle.obama.interview/index.html?eref=rss_topstories#cnnSTCVideo
Here's another with Michelle and Barack with additional commentary by Eugene Robinson:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GBRZQT7DIFw
2 comments:
Okay, several issues here concerning the many unknowns of Barack Obama (due to his few years in the national eye):
1. Should the Rev. Wright issue be over if Barack has directly associated w/him for 20 years? That's a character choice & Wright apparently hasn't changed at all in that time. Why is Obama just now disavowing him? To get elected? Why was Wright put on Barack's committee of advisors if he was so incendiary to begin with? It makes one wonder.
2. Michelle's infamous Princeton thesis - is that the real Michelle? Is that part of her college immaturity? It makes one wonder.
3. The fact that Obama has trouble delineating policy (for the most part) beyond hopefulness, especially in debates & his very few press concerts, makes one wonder.
Is he a shot of fresh hope & change to American politics - definitely. But telling everyone, "There's nothing to see here, move along" is a delaying tactic, not an answer to the problem.
It might get him through the primaries, but I wonder about the election cycle.
kdc!
You've graced my lowly blog with your illustrious presence once again! You've given me blogfodder for my next post. Your questions/concerns are worthy of addressing, and I'll do my best to do so soon. (After I finish this icky take-home final.)
Post a Comment