Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sunflower Day

If you haven't noticed, I am wild about sunflowers. They're just so bright, spunky, happy, energetic and beautiful. To me, sunflowers represent all the good there is in the world. They're floral encarnations of rays of sunshine that enliven your life and make you feel happy to be alive.
Today is a sunflower day. I woke up bathed in sunshine that filtered through my windows. I spent time with people that I love. I laughed with carefree abandon. I went to the park and got on the swings. I felt the welcome breeze as the sun beat down on me.

I know it's a bad idea to romanticize life. I know there's a danger in looking at everything through rose colored glasses. I know that simply ignoring pain, horror and sadness is naive. It's audacious to think you can somehow escape reality.

Though I know things will inevitably change about my present mood and situation, I just have to say that today, everything is beautiful.

No comments: