I had this sexy idea that I was going to light a couple of scented candles in my bathroom so that I could shower by fragrant, sultry candlelight. (sigh) Me and my borderline pyromania.It didn't go over without a hitch. No sooner had I lit the things than my ear-splitting smoke detector started going off. Spacy me forgot to take into account the proximity of the smoke detector to the bathroom. Talk about killing the mood! Even taking the battery out didn't shut it up. I'm sure I lost a few percentage points of my hearing. My smoke detector is hard core. Nothing can be done but allow it to run its incessant, annoying, shrill course. At least I can take comfort in knowing that if something seriously fire related went down, I would be abundantly alerted. I guess that's kind of the smoke detector's job.
No comments:
Post a Comment