This is the 2nd Sunday in a row that I've cried on the way to church.A day or so ago, I saw a turtle crawling in the road. My apartment complex has a few man-made "lakes" around it, and it's near a park with bigger lakes where turtles abound. I guess one made its way over. It was a huge, slow turtle. I was astonished to see it, and very easily swerved around it as I passed it on my way out of the complex.
This morning, on my way to church, I saw the turtle smashed in the road. I became so angry that I cried. Not because I'm a covert member of PETA, but because that was pure carelessness. I could understand a dead squirrel. Those things move fast and often dart out into the street. It's easy to hit a squirrel. But a huge, slow moving turtle? That was just callous disregard. Probably someone on their cell phone or whatever, enveloped in their world, who couldn't care less about some slow-moving reptile. What's a dead turtle to them?
No comments:
Post a Comment