I must say that being complimented on intellect is somehow better than being complimented on looks.
Or . . . maybe it's just me.
Okay, I'm not saying that being told you look nice isn't flattering. I'm just saying that it's nice to be noticed for things beneath the surface.
2 comments:
it is....but the other day someone paid me a compliment and i'm such a pessimist that it bothered me. they said "you have your own unique beauty"...is that like telling every kid they are special? like it's a generic compliment? aaargh.
i hope i can have the double compliment where i can be cute AND smart. such a thing has to exist!
Yeah, I see what you mean . . . there is something annoyingly enigmatic about "you have your own unique beauty." Oh, and I definitely agree w/you on the perfection of the double compliment.
Post a Comment