I think one way that I can make myself write papers is to go to Starbucks where there is no free WiFi, sit in an uncomfortable chair, and get my work done. I did my five-pager in one sitting, and that's near miraculous for me. I got there at about 5:30 or so, maybe closer to 6 and left at about 9. That's pretty good time, even with my little zoning breaks. If you knew me, you'd know that I have a bad zoning habit.As much as I whine about being atypical, today I realized I could have fit perfectly into a box. There I was at Starbucks, ears stuffed with iPod buds, wearing a "Barack The Vote" t-shirt and flip-flops, typing away at my little Dell, sipping a latte. All I lacked was a pair of black-rimmed glasses. I also left my "I heard it on NPR" bag at home. That would have also given me street cred, in a manner of speaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment