Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Procrastinatory Post

I'm starting to question myself: Why am I doing this? If it takes every ounce of me to work up enough nerve to even START a paper, what makes me think I'm going to be able to write a hunkin thesis before next Spring?

It took me forever to read articles galore, highlight the points I want to bring out, and to make an outline of my scattered ideas. That's right. I haven't even started yet.

On top of that, I have a final to contend with even after I pack this sucker away. Maybe I'll fare better when I don't have a full-time job that dominates most of my time.

Oh, well. Let me at least get to page 2 before tonight is over . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. I am SOOO feeling you on this, ma. we are totally twinning right now.....I have yet to start my thesis...and the months are dwindling away....man. I, too, believe that in a world where grown up 26 year olds (I said it) can just be full time students and nothing else it's possible to get that impossible work done. Do people really understand that these classes are in ANOTHER LANGUAGE?!! I mean, not to mention like high-level other language writing at that! An ENGLISH LANGUAGE thesis would be murder! much less this! and you know how snobby Spaniards can be, mine has to be damn good! I gotta get crackin...one of these days.

chantell said...

Gemela, you crack me up. It's good to have someone else to feel the pain of not just writing a paper. Naw, we're talking about major paper in graduate school vocabulary in a freakin OTHER LANGUAGE! People don't understand this. But see, we like this ::points two fingers to eyes and then back at you::