I saw Rodin sculptures. Rubens paintings. Max Ernst collages. Regency-period furniture. I sat in the back of a cold, magnificent cathedral and prayed.
There was a group from the Institut who were meeting up this afternoon, but I opted for a solitary day instead. I wanted to wander and ponder. I don't think I've yet grasped the temporary permanence of 6 months in another country.
Why am I doing this? It's because I didn't know what else to do. Because I wanted to get away. Because an opportunity presented itself to me and it seemed natural to take it.
There's a part of me that scoffs at the idea of waiting around for an epiphany. But there's another part of me that still hopes for one, despite it all.
2 comments:
::Thinking::
Sounds very beautiful and lonely. Warmer and sunnier days will come. This is a great place in life to be writing or otherwise expressing. A novel/memoir, perhaps?
Big Hug,
K
i think you are so brave! i almost moved to greece for a year but ended up in ohio instead. i can't wait to hear about all your adventures!!!!
Post a Comment