I finally decided on some articles of local culture to share with the French natives: A commemorative Alabama plate depicting the state flag, state bird, state flower and state seal. A couple of magnets depicting the Capitol building in Montgomery. A ceramic figure in the shape of the state of Alabama partly formed with red Alabama clay. A reproduction of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech on antiqued parchment. A coffee table book depicting the art of Montgomery folk artist Mose T. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a few packages of peanut brittle. There aren't too many things more Southern than peanut brittle. Sweet tea, maybe. But I don't want to get to France with splashes of sticky brown stuff all over my clothes.
I experienced a bit of freakingoutness today, but hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up full of verve and hopefulness. I'll need the energy to start packing.
No comments:
Post a Comment