Crepes
I had a crepe for the first time since I've been back in France. The first time I ever had one was in Paris. A man had a stand set up in the street and whipped them up as we watched. I got mine filled with chocolate and whipped cream. Yesterday after class, I had a craving for one and just happened to pass by a crepes shop where a group of friends just happened to be hanging out. I chalked it up to Providence and ordered mine with, surprise, chocolate and whipped cream. Oh, so good.Piano
There's a piano in one of the student lounges, so I try to practice a little after class or when I have a break. It just so happens that the beautiful Colombian is not only beautiful, but also a piano prodigy. To strike up conversation, I offhandedly mentioned that I took lessons for about 3 years but have been sorrowfully out of practice so I've forgotten a lot. But ever since then, if we're in the lounge during a break, he's motioned me over to the piano to see what I've got, but it's too embarrassing, so I've always declined.
But today, after class, before walking home with a friend, I went down to the lounge. The coast was clear, so I agreed to play a little something for her. As I played, a few people passed through without staying to listen, so I wasn't really distracted. Little did I realize that two people came in and did stay to listen, but I was so focused on the song that I didn't notice. When I was done, I turned around to see not only my friend, but the beautiful Colombian AND the sexy Libyan applauding me. That was almost too much. Thank God I didn't realize it was them while I was still playing or I would have totally embarrassed myself.
2 comments:
So funny. Sounds like something out of a book. (Not knowing all of your potential loves were there and then looking up after a passionate rendering of "Irene" and seeing them standing there, eyes filled with tears before breaking into applause) I love your piano playing. I'm ashamed that I had seven years that amounted to nothing! You do play beautifully, Madamoiselle(sp) Chauney.
Merci, Madame K.
(Gasp!) How did you know it was "Irene" that garnered the applause? :-)
Thanks, homes.
Post a Comment