status quo n. the existing state of affairs
Lately, I've been getting fed up with the status quo. The problem is, however, that sometimes I feel like everything I'm doing is simply contributing to it. How can I justifiably complain if I'm a part of the thing that's bothering me?
I don't mean to sound . . . flippant about this, but so many times people have given me a "word" telling me that I'm going to do something great for God's kingdom. That God is going to use the gifts and talents He's given me. Don't get discouraged. Your labor is not in vain. Stay faithful to Him.
That's great, and I receive it. I accept it, and I feel that I am willing to do whatever He has for me to do. I don't plan on throwing in the towel any time soon. But why do I feel like I'm the servant the lord gave the 2 or 5 talents to, but instead am behaving like the one he gave only one to (See Matt. 25:14-30)? It's unnerving and frustrating to feel that I'm not doing what I should be doing with what He's given me.
Is there anything wrong with what I am doing? And if so, what in the world am I supposed to be doing? Because right now, I feel lost at sea.
2 comments:
Wow. I totally know that feeling. I've suffered with it for the past 3-4 years now I guess. Doors have just started to open for me to use my talents in new ways.
I've often feared that I was like the servant with the 1 talent, not multipling it. I felt like I was failing God because I wasn't playing a musical instrument or doing other "traditional pentecostal talents." However, I'm finding that talent consists of so much more than something taking place on the church platform.
The difference between you and the servant with one talent is that you aren't trying to bury your talent. You are open and honest to God, showing that you are willing to multiply what He has given you. You are not shying away, denying your abilities. You're not burying anything.
The Bible doesn't say how long it took the sevants to multiply their talents. Who knows how long it took them to make an increase. They may have sat around a while before they were able to show a profit.
Continue to be honest before God. Be willing to do whatever is asked of you without making excuses and God will open doors for you. Then all you need to do is walk through them!
Wow. I relate.
Isn't it ironic how much time we spend trying to get out of "status quo" mode....when in reality, if we just lived every day like the brilliant, alive, God-given oppurtunity it was, we wouldn't be status quo?
Post a Comment