Sunday, June 21, 2009
This is what happens.
I'll just be sitting there, or just standing there, when suddenly, the weight of things that have happened in the past, their implications, my position at the time, the awkwardness, the embarrassment, the wondering what I was doing in that situation, the disbelief that I actually existed there, will all come collapsing into the pit of my stomach at once. And I'll sit there, or stand there, transfixed, mentally wishing it away but being oddly drawn to ponder it at the same time. I relive it while wishing it never happened. But do I really wish that? You can't cherry pick. It's an interconnected web. If you wish one thing didn't happen, you'd have to be willing to unlive all the causes and effects connected to it. Like when you pull a thread. I don't like that thread sticking out. I wanna get rid of it. But pull it, and it undoes more than just itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been known to do the same thing, Chantell, AND kind of beat myself up in the process over mistakes made, bad decisions I can't undo, yadayadayada. And isn't it amazing how all of the old feelings come rushing back?....but that is when I just call on the name of the Lord, get into His presence and allow Him to help me put it all into perspective and to see the lessons I have learned through it all, with His help, just as you stated. We can't go back and undo but we can learn valuable lessons.
This was a great post! Very thought-provoking.
((HUGS))
One day you will love with the passion put to use in your old griefs.
Post a Comment