I like jazz, but I don't claim to be an aficionado or anything. However, I am simply mesmerized by the performance of this young lady. To say she's passionate is an understatement. The expression of absolute bliss and complete rapture on her face while she plays grows to a nearly religious fervor when she finishes off this song with her solo. She's in precise, skillful control yet completely untethered at the same time. She and the piano have become an organic whole.
Strangely, her performance reminds me or what happens each time the Spirit of God completely washes over me. I'm completely in control, yet completely given over in ecstasy to Something greater, more profound and more complex than my mind can conceive. And the ability of my mortal, temporal, finite, limited existence to come into contact with Infinity is dynamic.
We cannot grasp God. We can't hold His essence in our hands. But He gives us conceivable things like music, that, in bewildering ways, symbolizes His nature. Who He is. How He functions. How we are a part of His symphony. Or His jazz band.
No comments:
Post a Comment