Sunday, June 07, 2009

How to Shut an Arrogant Guy Up

Smartgirl had already made plans to have lunch with a friend after church. Arrogantguy waltzes in, unannounced (Smartgirl hadn't heard from him for the longest. He had been "busy."), and after church demands that she join him for lunch.

Arrogantguy: Hey, do you wanna join me and Otherpeople for lunch? We're going to Aplace.

Smartgirl: Aw, sorry, Arrogantguy, I already have plans.

Arrogantguy: (sighs) Are you going with Afriend? Just have dinner with her later!

Smartgirl: I can't. I already told her I couldn't last night because I had to get some stuff done, and she's doing something later on today.

Arrogantguy: No, you're coming to Aplace with us. Just tell her church got out late and you forgot.

Smartgirl: Um, that would be lying. (To others.) Listen to this guy! He's so arrogant. Just expecting people to drop their plans to accomodate his. (To him.) How dare you ask me to lie? And in church? With a suit and tie on?

Arrogantguy: Just come! Just tell her you can't. You're coming.

Smartgirl: (teasingly) So, are you saying you won't have fun without me?

Arrogantguy: (flustered, trying to maintain his macho facade) Um, er, no . . . I . . .

Smartgirl: All right, then. You don't need me to come.

Arrogantguy: (speechless)

5 comments:

Mary Frances said...

LOL Thats good!!! Sounds like Smartgirl has her own confidence!!! =)

Anonymous said...

You really need your own reality show!

snb-the glamourista said...

applause!!

Kim said...

Go head on girlfriend!

Stephanie said...

I love you Chantellirimo! Your are SO Funny!! If arrogantguy wants you to go out with the group, he needs to get on the phone and give some notice...Stephanie