Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Post-Class Naps Have the Crazy

I came home after a long day of class and a mind-numbing meeting (you know those kind of meetings where people feel compelled to tell tangentially related to the matter at hand anecdotes and bring up all kinds of paranoid "what if's"?  Finally, I whispered in a valley girl voice to a co-conspirator next to me, "Like, what if we're in class and someone's head explodes?  Like, what do we do then?"  Then in a calm voice, "Well, first you need to call someone to help you clean it up, then you determine if the student survived the head explosion . . . ").  As soon as I stepped into the door I collapsed into bed and died for a few hours.

I realized that those kind of sleeping sessions produce the most bizarre dreams ever.

Why did I dream about a seasoning packet that, if added to ground beef, would produce creamy, bacon-filled meatloaf?  It was called something like "Creme brulee alfredo with bacon."

Why did I dream about a boy missing an arm with somewhat deformed legs watching people play soccer through a tinted window who stood up and introduced himself as something very bizarre like "Wildorf"?  Why did I then realize he was actually somehow a world-class soccer star and ask him why he wasn't playing?  Why did he then show me his armless stump?  Why did I then counter with, "But you don't need hands to play soccer"?

Why did I dream that I arrived at my apartment at the same time this girl from my program was about to go in and that I asked her where did she get a key from, and she mentioned she got it from some other girl that I didn't know had a key?  Why did she bring in bags of groceries?

Freud would have had a field day with me.

No comments: