Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dreary

It's the only way to describe this Saturday.  93% chance of rain.

Coffee: 2nd cup, caffeinated, creme brulee creamer.  Pretty good.

Scrambled eggs with no cheese: So-so.  At WalMart.  My mind on at least a quarter pound of white American cheese from the deli, only to happen upon hairnetted women spraying the display cases with off-brand Windex.  But, but when do you normally close?  9 o'clock.  It was 8:45.

Croissant: Warmed up for too long in the microwave.  Grrrr.

Just realized: I left a tub of way too creamy hummus in my lunchbag.

Missing: My pseudo-housewife (or rather, a housewife with no kids) life before the summer session started.  Sleeping in leisurely.  Long, leisurely showers.  Doing lunch with a friend every day.  Going shopping often.  Reading non-school related things for enjoyment.

Pondering: The feast or famine phenomenon in my life.  Either I have a whole bunch of stuff due every day, or nothing to do at all.  Either I have dudes sweating me and jamming up my inbox with text messages, or not a peep from a single male soul.  People simply blowing up my phone, or a disconcertingly silent phone.  Rushing around or watching the minutes tick by.

To-do: Work on a series of short stories for Sunday School literature.  Read for my Contemporary Spanish Lit class.  Prepare my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.  Write some semblance of an abstract for a paper I want to present soon.  Write a survey for Spanish-speaking people who want to take an ESL class given by a church wanting to start a Spanish ministry.

Discovered: Some seriously back in the day cassette tapes that make my heart spread with warm fuzzy liquid nostalgia of lovely sunshine times.

Funny: That I still own a machine which can play cassette tapes.

Heard on NPR: That Bob Dylan proposed to gospel singer Mavis Staples long ago.  She turned him down.  She later regretted it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Gurl I'm so feeling you with the full inbox one minute and the next complete silence...drives me crazy!