The lesson was on baptism. "Does anyone know what happens when someone gets baptized?" I asked.
"Yeah. It's when you get in that bathtub and hide in the water." Ah, priceless.
I brought a plastic bin filled with water along with a little furry bear and a little furry rabbit to represent Paul's "friends." He asked them if they had ever been baptized in Jesus' name or received the Holy Ghost. I made them shake their heads and say "Uh-uh." They all erupted in laughter. Then Paul asked them if they wanted to get baptized in Jesus' name and receive the Holy Ghost. Then they nodded their heads and said, "Uh-huh!" Laughter again. Then I commenced to "baptize" them in Jesus' name in the plastic bin. And afterward they danced around and were happy. (Acts 19:1-7 for the non-toddler version.) Of course, every one else got a chance to baptize Paul's friends, too.
Their snack was milk and cookies and, naturally, we "baptized" our cookies in the milk.
After the lesson was over, a mom met her little boy at the door and asked what he did in Sunday School. He said, "We bap-a-tized a wabbit."
My little Sunday School teacher wanna-be mom heart filled with warm fuzzy feelings.
2 comments:
Awwww!!!!!!
That was precious, Chantell! Hope you are having a blessed and peaceful holiday weekend! ((HUGS))
Post a Comment