Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ye Have Not Because Ye Ask Not

So, my flat tire debacle had a somewhat happy ending.

Turns out that the tires were still under warranty (i.e. The tire that shredded to bits was not technically "too old"), so any balancing/rotating I needed was free of charge.

But, since the tire that I bought from WalMart wasn't one of their tires ("their" being the folks who put on my still under warranty tires) they couldn't refund me for it or give me a rebate or whatever.  However . . .

"Well, since the tires were still under warranty and I had to buy a new one out of pocket, and I understand that there's nothing you can do about that since it wasn't one of yours, what if there was another service that I needed done . . . such as an oil change or something like that?"

"Yeah, we could take care of that for you.  You want us to do that for you right now?"

"Yes, please."  Free of charge.

No comments: