This is really weird. Okay, I've written fiction for youth Sunday School literature for a few seasons in advance (the next series penned by yours truly should be out this summer, so if you teach the Youth class and your church uses Word Aflame Press literature, be on the lookout!).
I wanted the very last series I wrote (due out Winter 2012-2013) before I declined future story writing ventures because of this PhD madness to be out of the box, if you will. I've always had an affinity for sci-fi, so this time I wrote a futuristic series, filled with flying cars, androids, and all kinds of invented iGadgets.
Part of my story was about government sponsored android labor to minimize offshoring. I was flipping out when I saw this story in the NYT last year: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/12/science/12robot.html?_r=1&src=dayp
But now, another one of my futuristic story features is an acutal phone app! I wrote a story about a girl who finally got what I called a Smartglass. She would stand in front of it, it would scan her features, and it would give her an attractiveness rating. Look at this!
Crazy. Now back to the paper writing show.
No comments:
Post a Comment