I'm freaking out because I have crazy paperwork to fill out to apply for a French visa. That's not including the procedures and stuff I have to complete even after I get there. What was I thinking? I don't remember it being this involved when I applied for a Spanish visa before I spent a semester abroad in Spain (you can read all about that
here). Picky Frenchies. Always having to make things
très compliqué. I had a dude from the French Consulate in Atlanta call me up to respond to an email I sent and I had to rewind my mind light years to catch what he was saying. And he was speaking English. Uh, oh . . .
Not only have I been getting paid for teaching two classes at the rate I was getting paid for teaching four (score!), but it appears that the department is going to try to keep me on to do other projects. I was totally not expecting to continue working after colleague #2 got back from having her baby. For real. After this gig was up, I was planning on joining the long line of the currently unemployed and milking the system, but they're trying to work something out for me, which is totally unexpected, totally unsolicited, and totally a blessing. Cuz tha kid need to keep chasin that paper, ya smell me?
No comments:
Post a Comment