Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I don't know how to title this post.

There are several things I'd like to discuss, yet they are only tangentially related.

First, I was going to name this post "The Waning of Pedicure Display Season" because I wanted to lament the fact that even though the French pedicure I got quite a while ago is still looking decent, the seasons are changing and I have a hankering for my boots, which = toes hidden under a bushel instead of being allowed to shine. But then I remembered that I do still have occasion to unashamedly exhibit my toes, and that is during my taekwondo class, so then I was going to name it "Mr. Kim and Master Woo, Pseudonyms" to talk self-deprecatingly about my lack of coordination, Master Woo's hardcoreness, and my slight crush on Mr. Kim. And then I realized there are characteristics about Mr. Kim that make me have a slight crush on him that are common to many I've had a slight crush on, so then I was going to enumerate those characteristics and title the post "How to Make Me Have a Crush on You."

Sigh. So, what to do? Pedicures . . . *yawn* So . . . taekwondo? Knife hand strikes are only exciting when witnessed live. Oh, and I witnessed a couple of black belts sparring last night. That was pretty cool. I'm still a lowly white belt. Which basically means I ain't nothin. My crush characteristics, then.

How to Make Me Have a Crush on You
by smartgirl

1. Be tall. If you're tall, you've gained major points by virtue of your existence.

2. Have bad eyesight. Because if you do, chances are you'll wear glasses. And I like glasses very much.

3. Have a slightly dorky/goofy manner about you. It's endearing. And it will make my inner nerd feel at ease when I'm around you.

4. Have something foreign about you. Not necessarily from another country. If there is anything different looking or sounding about you, I will probably have a crush on you.

5. Have specialized knowledge in something. If you know a lot about a particular area, I will be intrigued, especially if it's something I don't know a lot about.

6. Be funny. I'm easily amused, and have a very forthcoming laugh, so this one is probably the least insuperable.

Mr. Kim (not his name), along with others who come to mind, fits the bill perfectly. He's 1. very tall, 2. bespectacled, 3. on the dorky side 4. Korean and speaks heavily accented English, 5. teaches taekwondo which definitely counts as specialized knowledge, 6. makes everyone laugh.

And . . . I'm finally finished grading the absurd mountain of stuff I had to grade recently. Now I think I have one-millionth of an idea of how Jesus felt when he said, "It is finished."

And . . . I've been officially admitted to the Insititut de Touraine in Tours, France! Magnifique!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your admittance!! :-) Tell me about it sometime. I'm glad things are going well in Taekwondo, and glad you are just chantelling away.