maybe it's the remnants of Valentine's Day rolling around in the corners of my mind. Maybe it's the fact that one of my closest friends is planning a wedding. Maybe it's the awareness of babies being born and the sweetness of one falling asleep in my arms.
It's nuts. I mean, this line of thought would be somewhat rational had I, say, at least a significant other. Maybe the fact that comps are looming so sinisterly is causing me to slowly lose my mind. In any case, my red light daydreams lately have been about my wedding recessional song. I know. Nuts.
I want my recessional song to be non-traditional, lovely, spunky and fun. I'm trying to decide between the following (like there's any need to decide any time soon):
"A Thousand Winters Melting" by The Myriad
The chorus is is so LOVEly.
"Godsend" by dcTalk
I had a borderline obsession with dcTalk back in the day, and I've always adored this song.
"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
I think this is the happiest song ever.
"I Believe in You" by Il Divo and Celine Dion
I absolutely love Celine Dion's voice, and I LOVE the French part. The song is gorgeous.
And lastly, "Wonderwall" by Oasis
This is only somewhat of a love song, but I like the way he sings "I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now." In my head, the song is about the couple's journey together up to right before the guy asked her to marry him. Okay, maybe that's a stretch. I just like britpop.
6 comments:
I love the song "Godsend." My wife and I had it in our wedding.
"What A Wonderful World" and "I Believe In You" are on my recessional song lists. So is "Every Little Kiss" by Steven Curtis Chapman.
Blast! I thought I was being unconventional and original. I guess I'll have to settle for The Myriad or Oasis. lol.
i'm having an awful time getting wedding music together. check out "the rest of my life" by brian mcknight. it's definitely on my faves list!
Hmmm . . . will do. I also realized that I think the Jason Mraz/Colbie Callait duet "Lucky" is super sweet, too.
HEEEY!! I read your article about being single...very cute!!! My fav was #4!!! I wrote something on my blog about being single!!! Check it out!! :)
Post a Comment