See this post for the title to make any sense.
Okay, obviously Guy 2 still wants to hang out. Obviously, I still do too.
The question is, when am I going to be "too busy" so that I don't slide back into emotional limbo?
This time it was ice cream and Books-a-Million.
We talked about Barack Obama, racial identity, what we each plan to do after we get our Master's, books we've read, books we plan to read, French and how it compares to Spanish, and yes, what we really "want." I gave him a recap of this. (I left out the "beyond my reach" part.) He initiated that whole question, so I answered it according to what I'd pondered. Whether he was smart enough (or presumptuous enough) for it to dawn on him, I dunno.
He's shorter than average (around 5'7), and I'm slightly taller than average (around 5'6), and he commented more than once on our heights. Like, he seemed relieved to know that he's actually taller than I am. Okay . . . I guess other times I'd worn shoes with somewhat of a heel, and this time I had on flip-flops. Why does it slightly intrigue me that he seems to care about being taller than me?
Why doesn't God just wrap this thing up? I've come to terms with the position we're both in, but what will it take for there to be some kind of closure and finality to everything? There are only three options:
1. He meets someone else.
2. I meet someone else.
3. God works a miracle and we end up together.
God, please do one of the three (or a combination of 1 and 2) so that I can know without a shadow of a doubt. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment