I dislike how I create these tests and situations and expectations. I feel like I set myself up. If I become disappointed or disillusioned or whatever you want to call it, it's entirely of my own doing.
As one who always complains about how stifling binaries are, one who is dismissive of people who conceptualize everything in stark black and white terms, I am actually quite guilty of setting things up in the same ways I say that I positively can't stand. Do or die. All or nothing. Sink or swim. If you're not "down," then you're out.
I balk at the very idea of anyone daring to try to fit me into some kind of mold. But then I find myself doing the same thing to others. I want people to fit into my mold. Be the way I want them to be.
But it doesn't work that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment