The semester's in full swing, which means I'm a busy little bee. Got lots of little irons in the fire. Reading galore, Kaplan tutoring student on the side, freelance translator on the side, pro bono editor on the side. I've got Skype dates for language practice, I've got dates set for a graduate student panel I'm organizing. I'm trying to make something Brazilian happen next summer. I'm trying to present another paper this spring. Keep it together, baby. Keep it together.
Had my church guitar debut. Not that it was anything so great, but just the fact that I was able to play and sing a couple of worship songs was something that I never dreamed I would be able to do just a year ago. It was a great feeling. It's been a year since I had my first guitar lesson. And now my guitar instructor is gone! Still trying to decide whether I want to try to find someone else.
I'm enjoying getting more involved. Getting more involved in church. Getting more involved in the department.
There are still so many unknowns. So many of them. But I'm thankful that I'm able to live in the uncertainty. It's so wonderful not to be burdened by it.
There's a guy in the department who has apparently developed a little crush on me. I can't address any passive aggressive letters to him on my blog because he's nice enough. It's not like he's done anything inappropriate. But he does sort of get up in my personal space just a tad. And you know how I am about that. And I despise being caught in the computer lab with him by myself. It's just awkward. I should have never let him know that I speak French. And now he's asked when we're going to lunch together. Umm . . . jamais?
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm kind of feeling the idea of marrying an old man with money. Like, if a younger-than-my-dad older guy tried to holla at me who had some CHC (cold hard cash) in the mix, I would be down. Pay off my (relatively modest bit of) student loans, travel around, have an artist's studio set up for me and I could take painting lessons and become an acclaimed local artist. Have a couple of bambinos and I would make all of their baby food with vegetables I would grow in the garden. Yup.
No comments:
Post a Comment