You know. The morning after you have some very bizarre dreams. I dreamt that the Joker had fallen in love with me and after sequestering me in a building that seemed to be a cross between a hospital and a hotel, sent me a note that said that if I didn't agree to meet him at a particular time and place to marry him that he would kill me and blow up my family. I was determined to get out of it somehow and the Joker sent one of this thugs to come rappeling in through the ceiling to capture me. I subdued him, Bourne style, and it ended with the thug's dead body slumped over the bathtub. I escaped out of the window, got to some safe place somehow, and then my cell phone rang. It was the Joker. I didn't answer it, but a message scrolled across the display: "YOU HAVEN'T ESCAPED ME YET . . . I'M COMING TO GET YOU!" I woke up. It was so unsettling.
I usually get up to go to the rec, but I couldn't. No matter how many times I hit the snooze button, my eyes still felt tired when I opened them. And it's not like I went to bed late last night.
Determined to at least make it to Portuguese class, I made it out in time to catch one of the ridiculously crowded morning buses. This morning was not the morning for me to be in crunched, uncomfortable quarters with people. When you're in these uncomfortable situations, you can't help it, but you can make it a little easier, like, not facing the person you're right next to. This girl got on and proceeded to stand looking me dead in the face. What is the matter with her? Can you turn yourself to the side? Or at least turn your head to the side? I turned my head away and looked away, but she was still right there. I'm not saying she was staring at me. But her face was right there, and it was making me want to unexist.
There was one crazy thought that, darn it, prompted a few tears to escape right there on the crowded bus: My mother wants grandchildren.
I hate it when I'm in a cloudy state of mind and people feel the need to comment on it and/or playfully wave their hand in front of my face because I'm staring out into space. Stop trying to break me out of my introspective world. I know I'm usually perky, but today I'm taking a break. I left my perkiness on the shelf today next to the Nutella. Which I ran out of the other day.
I hate it when I hear people appropriate African-American slang that they know they don't seriously use. While waiting in the Jittery Joe's line (my plan for mood improvement was a white mocha and a chocolate croissant), I heard this pallid hipster say, "Yeah, I gotta go meet my boo. Ha, ha." Shut UP. You sound so stupid saying that. You think it's cute and hip to say words like "boo" as if they're an exotic trinket you can nonchalantly flash whenever you want, but you actually sound dumb, and I wanted to step out of line and trip you as you walked away.
Geez, I am so mean today. I'm glad that my meanness is introverted and that my niceness is extroverted. That way, people think I'm nice.
2 comments:
Aw, I love my Chauney. I'll take her any way I can get her. :-) Your dream was hilarious, btw. Might take the case over some of mine, lol...
Nothing tops the little man. Nothing. LOL!
Post a Comment