Dear chai tea,I thought I would never get over you. Here and there I had a few dalliances with French vanilla tea and honey chamomile tea, but still, I clung to chai tea. You dominated my tea palate.
But one day, I took a sip of lemon ginger tea and my world turned upside down. That lemony zing. That gingery spice. It was soothing, yet energizing. Lemonly calming, while at the same time rocking my world with a ginger-flavored bite. I surrendered to it, and realized that I could move on. Chai tea lattes didn't have to dominate my tea palate. There were other unique, flavorful teas that I could love, too.
Chai tea, this doesn't mean that I've forgotten you. That I won't occasionally whip up a latte of your essence. I'm just saying that lemon ginger tea is what's up right now. It's that tea. But knowing my various and capricious tastes, who's to say some other tea won't come along and make lemon ginger but a byword? Who's to know I won't be writing a similar letter to it in the near future?
As a tea yourself, I think you understand. Tea tastes come and go. There was a time when Earl Grey was all the rage, but now something even as modern as green tea knows that nothing gold can stay. You must understand.
Maybe we'll come full circle. Maybe one day, I'll be in my old age, in a rocking chair, sipping you while reading a story to my grandchildren for whom I've prepared sweet, milky mugs of you. Who knows what the future holds?
But for now, I must say goodbye. Things have changed. Lemon ginger has stolen my heart.
Sincerely,
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment