That's what my mom reported saying to the doctor and technician this morning when she found that she, in fact, did not have to get a certain procedure done. But if you knew my mom, you'd know that that was probably the abridged version of what she did once she found out the news. My mom is that lady in church. Yes, that lady who used to make me slide down in the pew and disown her in my mind when I was a teenager. That is not my mom shouting and dancing while everyone else is calmly clapping. That is not my mom laying prostrate speaking in tongues in front of the whole church and it's not even altar call yet. What's funny is that in small ways I'm turning into her. Maybe one day my daughter will go through a phase of disowning me in her mind during church, too.It's exciting that God cares and knows. He knew my mom didn't want to have to undergo that procedure. She was worried about it. It was a cloud over her. A weight. She was prepped and ready and draped in one of those gowns, waiting nervously. And just when she thought it was time, instead, the doctor said that he wasn't going to put her through that. After re-examining the results of previous tests, he determined that it was unnecessary. Mighty, mighty, mighty, God!
It's a testimony for my mom, but it's a testimony to other people too. Just when we think the worst is to come, God can suddenly lift a weight off our shoulders. I forget this time and time again, but today I remembered that He is in control.
6 comments:
Amen! God is faithful!!!!
So encouraging. God is so, so, sweet. So good.
k
Thats AWESOME!!! and OMW!!! That is sooooooooo my mom too!!! :)
Thank you, Jesus! Chantell, please turn into your Momma! This generation needs a few of those totally sold-out to Jesus people!
I am rejoicing with you and your precious mom, Chantell! Our God is an on-time God! So worthy of our unabashed praise! I love to praise him! And I'm sure that I've been a bit of an embarrassment to my son over the years but I believe he is coming to appreciate me and my relationship with the Lord! Wonderful post!
Every time I have ever talked with your mom, at church, at camp, at a conference, at Red Lobster (:0), or anywhere else I could list, the Joy of the Lord is like a beacon from her. I love you mom, she is awesome and a great witness.
Post a Comment