It's nothing new, really. I taught in the Spring and this past summer. It's just that then, I was a lowly GTA. Now, I'm a part of the system. I have an office (albeit shared) and my box in the mailroom has been elevated to the more prestigious instructor row. I'm so special.
Class went well today. As first days go. A bit of drama with cancelling and recombining classes, and a young lady who has proven herself to be the beginnings of a headache (she came in late, and then greeted me with, "Yeah, like, buenos noches or whatever"), but all in all, I still give it an A.
And NPR. Ah. What a friend for the 45-minute commute. Morning Edition on the way up and All Things Considered on the way back.
One of the best things is that I teach Mon Wed Fri. Tues/Thurs I have to my little self. No classes. No papers (except for the ones I'll eventually have to grade, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there).
I can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment