Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Handbag Meme

I've been tagged by Jewel over at "Down in My Little Valley" to do this short and sweet little meme. Whenever Jewel tags me with a meme, I always want to do it. I think it has something to do with the homey, comforting feel of her blog. Her blog is like homemade blueberry muffins, fresh out of the oven. Like sipping hot cocoa topped with whipped cream while wrapped in a snuggly blanket, warming yourself by a cozy fire. So, here's my current handbag:

Truth be told, this bad boy cost me nada. Zilch. Bupkis. Nary a cent. It was given to me as a gift by a . . . more well-off-than-me benefactor. I didn't use it for months after it was given to me because, honestly, I'm not really into the hype of brand-names. I was fine with my previously worn street vendor tourist trap purse I bought for 5 euros in Spain:

I switched over because out of the blue, I felt the urge to match my purse to an outfit. Because I normally don't obsess over matching purses and such. I'm a girly girl, but not exactly a fru-fru, everything-must-match girl. Guess I was too lazy to switch back.

But my favorite purse (and the one that gets the most compliments), hands down, is this one:

I got it for two dollars at Goodwill. Sho did. (You better believe I hit up Goodwill. Unashamedly.)

I hereby tag Kim and Shana. Now, I KNOW y'all have some purse stories. ;-)

3 comments:

Kim said...

I promise I'm gonna do it....this weekend!

Jewel said...

Awww...thank you for the sweet comments, Chantell. ((HUGS)) And for participating in the meme. Love the purses and I'm sorry to hear that you've gotten the match the purses/shoes bug. *smile* I used to have it when I was "young and single". *sigh* But I got over it! Hallelujah! LOL

Tersie said...

Hi there! I followed the tag over from Jewel's blog. You're right. Her blog is so warm and comfortable. I love visiting! And I absolutely love your lady bug purse! That is too cute!! :)