I'm very happy with my new president. I think he's doing the right thing to begin the process to close Guantanamo Bay. Whoever you voted for, I think most can agree that it wasn't exactly the paragon of American justice. I will admit that there is a bit of policy I'm not exactly jumping for joy about (I'm pro-life), but I knew that going in. Anyway, I was trying to think of something I didn't like about my boy specifically. Like if someone said, "Tell me what you don't like about Obama right now, or I'll slash your tires," I'd probably say my boy could work on not getting testy.When reporters ask him questions that get under his skin, he gets a little testy.
Wanting to be left alone on his vacation:
(It's funny though. He says "just trying to be left alone" almost cheerily. I also think the way he says the word "scripture" is SO Obama.)
On asking about his "change of heart" concerning Hillary (about a minute into the clip):
(I would have hated to have been that reporter. "The fault, dear reporter, is not in your stars, but in yourself, that you are an underling. I dismiss your question with a presidential chuckle.")
On asking about filling Senate seat:
(I would have hated to have been this reporter too. My boy's basically just like "I'm not even gonna let you finish asking it. SEET down." Burn.)
I'll admit it makes me snicker, but ultimately, it's something he could stand to work on. I don't want him to lose his reputation for being cool under fire.
2 comments:
Obama is "not by boy," but I wish him well since he is now my president.
Testiness? I'm afraid we will see more and more of this. Do hope not...but we need to give him time. What a monumental job he has undertaken. Hmmm....might make me testy, too.
Glad you can wish him well even though he's not your boy.
I'm sure he'll get testier, and I'm sure he'll avoid more questions and make more exceptions . . . what president hasn't in the course of his term? Some folks have made him out to be the golden boy who'll never contradict himself and will keep all of his campaign promises. But let's keep it 100, he's admitted from the get go that he wouldn't be perfect.
But I like him because, despite his message of optimism, at the core, he's a realist and pragmatist. He ran a ridiculously tight campaign, and he made sure he'd be ready to hit the ground running after he won. He's not going to be operating on "hope" fumes, that's for sure.
We need to give him time, but so far, so good.
Post a Comment