Monday, January 26, 2009

Blago is Wacko

I was almost brought to tears laughing this morning after reading about Gov. Blagojevich's impeachment hearings beginning today. He's taken to the TV circuit in the meantime, though, and this is what he had to say about his arrest on the Today Show (according to this article on cnn.com):
"I thought it was actually a friend of mine who was playing a practical joke," he said of his arrest. "Unfortunately it wasn't. And then the day unfolded and I had a whole bunch of thoughts — of course my children, and my wife — and then I thought about Mandela, Dr. King, Gandhi and tried to put some perspective in all of this and that's what I'm doing now."
Like, seriously? Nelson Mandela, Dr. King and Gandhi compared to you getting arrested for trying to profanely sell the Illinois senate seat? Yeeaa—no. But this is when tears sprang to my eyes:

He told ABC that he had been considering many candidates for the position, including TV talk show host Oprah Winfrey.

"She seemed to be someone who had helped Barack Obama in a significant way become president," Blagojevich said. "She was obviously someone with a much broader bully pulpit than other senators."

THAT'S funny. Come on. Oprah as a senator? Even Oprah was floored when she heard that one. It just seems like he's making up outrageous stuff as he goes along to milk as much as he can out of the rest of his pre-impeached life. Man, I needed that laugh.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Kinda reminds me of, of....oh noooo!! I forgot his name! The guy who....Tracie Peterson...okay, it's back! (my memory)Drew Peterson! Can you believe how much they LOVE being in front of camera. Just admit your guilt, guys, and then? Please go home.