Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Boo and Yay

Boo
Ugh, the front desk guy. I was a little intrigued by him at first, but he's sort of flaky. Boo.

It's hard to meet new Spanish people. All day I'm surrounded by my American classmates. Although our classes are totally given in Spanish, I don't have any daily social interaction for a significant amount of time with Spanish folks.

I have all of these papers to write. And I need to do research. And I haven't even picked a topic yet for any of them.

Speaking of topics, I am a completely blank slate about my Master's thesis. I have no idea what I'm going to write about, I haven't chosen any faculty mentors. I'm just in no-woman's-land.

Yay
I met this really cool Apostolic girl who's also in Salamanca and who has a crazy amount of things in common with me. We'll probably go to church sometime.

I'm going to Alcala and Madrid this weekend to see my peeps from back in the day (see Chantelliver's Travels for background info.)

My group is going to perform a play (well, a fragment of one) for my Spanish Theatre of the Golden Age class tomorrow. We bought props and everything. It's a comedy by Cervantes, and I get to play one of the tricksters. I should have pictures posted tomorrow.

I'm having a good time! More to come!

No comments: