I'm at work, so I've got to make this one quick, but honest to God, I thought today was November 12. And it's really the 5th. My mind was a week ahead of reality. That is ridiculous.
How did I figure out the truth? Well, I sat down at my desk and looked up at the calendar. It said Veterans Day on today's date (or what I thought was today's date). Twilight Zone music started playing. Wait . . . if today is Veteran's Day, why am I here at school? Didn't I hear kids come in? Didn't I say "Good morning" to my co-workers?
I finally flipped to some previous lesson plans and recognized that last Thursday was November 1. That kind of put things into perspective for me. Like I said, I need help.
1 comment:
Okayyyy, so I was having the same trouble, Chantel! Hmmmmm....you see, I am helping to decorate for our ladies meeting this month, which is on the second Tuesday of the month which I thought was TODAY and I kept obssessing about it until I FINALLY got it in my head that today is only the FIRST Tuesday of the month! Whew! Pressure's off! Thank you God! *feeble grin* The pressure being from the fact that I am also organizing the grand chili cook-off this Saturday at church. But now I am all calmed down and de-stressed. *breathe in, breathe out...slowllllyyyyyy*
Post a Comment