Here I am, delivering fresh bloggery while chilling in Houston with time to spare! So far my time in this gignormous Texan town has been thumbs-up. In every big city I visit, I always make sure to make a stop by Hard Rock Cafe so that I can eat some overpriced food and get a t-shirt. Come on, sporting a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from any city is your quintessential "been there, done that" statement. Anyway . . .
I have been tagged before, and now I've been tagged again by fellow blogger Brian LePort. This time I've been tagged to mention 5 things people may not know about me. Here goes:
1. I was baptized in the Adriatic Sea. I was 11 years old, and my family was stationed in Italy. I waded out into the cold water in white pants, a white t-shirt, and with my hair in two french braids and was immersed in a rush of salty water in Jesus's name.
2. I was involved in a serious, life-threatening car accident almost 5 years ago. I was a sophomore in college, on my way home after staying up late cramming for final exams and packing my half of the dorm room into my car in sweltering heat. I fell asleep at the wheel and smashed into a telephone pole in the middle of nowhere. Not only did I escape with nothing more than a fractured pelvis and broken collarbone, 2 1/2 weeks afterward, I took a trip to Spain as if nothing had happened. See evidence of the miracle here.
3. I'm obsessed with Curious George. I don't know what it is about the guy. I've got a Curious George stuffed toy, I have Curious George pictures and calendars, I have a Curious George flashlight, I have Curious George as my computer wallpaper, and I have a collection of classic Curious George stories that perhaps I'll read to my kids someday.
4. I like loads of mayonnaise on sandwiches and burgers. If it doesn't have mayonnaise, it's just not good. I have to have it.
5. I met a celebrity in Spain. Well . . . sort of. I was obsessed with this game show that came on called "Madrid Reta." It was a Spanish version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." I loved it because I could answer some of the questions and what not. Anyway, there was this dude on there who won zero money because the first question he attempted to answer he got wrong. But I remembered him because he had a very distinctive face and wore these very thick-rimmed glasses. Very geek-chic. Anyway, on my way back to Madrid from a side trip to Paris, I saw him at the airport. I nearly freaked! A guy who was on my fave Spanish show, in the flesh! (Even though he won zero money.) I mustered up the courage to ask him if he was on "Madrid Reta" and when he said yes, I got my roommate to take a picture of us. I was ecstatic. I'm weird. I know.
Okey dokey, I guess it's time to tag 5 other bloggers? Here ya go: Shana, Ramblingrose, Brittanie, Jewel, and C., have at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment