Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cakes and Ring Bearer Epiphany

We on this wedding train and we gonna ride it out.  It's just a full-on wedding fest up in here.

So, we got our designs and prices all decided upon for our cakes.  I'm going to have a sunflower cake.  (Surprise, surprise), and the groom's cake is going to be a drum cake.  He's so excited about it.  Yes, I'm marrying the adult version of the impossible middle school crush of my dreams.  A former skater dude (hacky sack, et al.) who played drums and guitar in a bunch of punky bands growing up.  He says he plays the drums better than he does the guitar, but I still haven't heard him play.  I told him that I can't marry him until I've heard him play the drums.  How can I say I know him if I've never heard him play the instrument that's even nearer and dearer to him than the guitar?

Here's what I'm excited about, though.  My sunflower cake is going to be on a tree stump.  Yup. I can't tell you how excited I am about this tree stump, y'all.  It's going to be something similar to this. (But better.)  Don't hate.  Appreciate.  It's going to be all rustic and sunflowery.  The excitement is starting to creep into my bones.

And not cake related, but I've been trying to envision what I want my flower girls and ring bearer to look like.  And I just had an epiphany.  I totally want a little suspendered, bowtied, pageboy hat-wearing little nephew-to-be bearing those rings!  Something like this, but grey/iris.  And he is devastatingly cute.  Gives me lots of hope for the attractiveness of my future offspring.

I'm so glad that there are so many church people who are professionals (bakers, florists, photographers, wedding planners, etc.) who are willing to help us and give us deals.  It's really made things easier (and much less expensive than it could be) for us.

No comments: