Comps week has officially arrived. This is it.A series of 9 essay tests. Three sections per day. 90 minutes per section. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 12:00-4:30.
I'm trying to breathe and realize that, no matter what, everything is going to be fine. No one has ever NOT graduated because of comps. In August, I'm walking across the stage. That's the bottom line.
I guess what makes me slightly nervous is the prospect of failure. Though I feel confident about the majority of the sections, there are a couple I don't feel quite as confident about, and I know there is a possibility that I could fail those sections and would be required to retake them. If that were to happen, the cool, rational side of me realizes that it's actually common to fail a few the first time, and that I wouldn't be the first.
But the manic, emotional side doesn't even want to fathom the prospect of failure. I want to pass everything this week and be done with it. Besides, nerds and failure just don't get along that well, even if the nerd will be allowed to retake and eventually pass. Just the idea of failing something makes me feel sick.
But I need to get over it. I need to be confident, trust God, and do the best I can.
All of that to say, if I get sucked under this week, you'll know why. Pray for me!
1 comment:
I'm feeling you. Just thinking about starting graduate studies next Fall makes me nervous!
Post a Comment