I'm mid-Singles Conference trip. It's too soon to give a definite verdict yet. I'll just say this . . . I got a really cool pen for pre-registering, so that's already making me lean towards thumbs up.
My friend "Diane" revealed to me that she had done something special, something that not many people can say that they've done. She's seen a manatee. Now, as inconsequential and insignificant as that may seem, think about it for a minute. Have you ever seen a manatee? How many people do you know that have? That's what I thought.
So, I told "Diane" that the next time someone tried to talk down to her, if anyone ever tries to act like they're all that to her, she can use her experience of manatee sighting to counter it. Example:
Mean person: So, yeah, like I went to Paris and bought this really cute purse from Louis Vuitton on the Champs-Elysees this weekend. But you wouldn't understand . . . you've never done anything like that, have you?
Diane: I can't say that I have, but have you ever seen a manatee?
Mean person: Umm . . . uh, no.
Diane: That's what I thought.
Mean person: (silence)
Being able to say you've seen a manatee can silence even the most supercilious.
2 comments:
Haha that's great! I have seen a manatee before, so I'll be sure to use that one!
haha! "Diane" was begging me not to post that because it sounded so dorky. But now I can tell her that it's actually inspired someone out there! ;-)
Post a Comment