Wednesday, November 22, 2006

1st Grade Apology Notes

This is too funny. I just have to share. I just want to show a taste of the quirky, cute, funny things that happen as a result of working with little ones.

Yesterday, I was playing an active counting game with my first graders. It's basically "Four Corners," except I make them count and choose the corners in Spanish. When one boy named Karsten got out, another boy named William said, "I feel sorry for you, you're out," and Karsten hit him. Another boy named Stephen also threw his two cents in, so I told all three of them that they were all out and to sit down. That did not make them very happy. When their classroom teacher came for the class, of course I let her know what had transpired. This lady is an excellent teacher, she always has her class in order, and she does not play. "Thank you for telling me," she said.

After coming back to the Elementary School from teaching three periods at the Middle School, I found these three notes, written on that classic 1st grade lined paper (the kind with the dotted line between two solid ones) on my desk. Homegirl made her boys write me apology notes for their behavior, and they were so funny, I almost couldn't help myself. Here they are, transcribed exactly:

Karsten
Senore Smith
Sorry for disruptibing your call and I am sorry for hiting william.

I am so so sroy intruping your class. I will never listen to Karsten
and Stephen ever ahgin. from William


I am so sorry that I disruptive your class. I pomis i will never do
it agan. and ruinde your Thanksgiveing

Stephen

The last one is what really got me. I mean, how could the little guy think that he "ruinde" my Thanksgiving because of that? lol. It was too much. I can assure you though, that it didn't. I fully intend to use these days of respite (we have today, tomorrow and Friday off) to their fullest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love it. Reading that made my day. I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving! Shoot me an e-mail sometime. We need to catch up! Love ya