Thursday, May 12, 2005

Paperwork

Lord, have mercy, I went by the school today to sign on the dotted line, and get a mountain of paperwork handed to me in return. It's the way of the world. Welcome to the real one.

I am super excited, though. I'm like a grownup for real, now. Well, I may be able to say that next year once I have my money saved and I'm officially moved out and completely on my own.

I thought I'd have this summer to take a break . . . I was even toying with the idea of not getting a job and just volunteering or visiting out of state friends, or taking an art class or something. But how can I say I've got nothing to do when there are thank you cards waiting to be written, paperwork to read and sign and insurance information to review? And not to mention getting Spanish lesson plans together for the little kiddies in the fall?

But I am going to get back into one thing that I sort of missed during this past school year, and that is pleasure reading. I already used up my Family Christian Bookstores gift certificate and bought the new Frank Peretti book Monster, and another book about purity. I usually don't go for those another-version-of-true-love-waits type material because frankly, it's been done and it's played out. Nothing I haven't already heard. But this particular book really caught my eye and I bought it sort of on impulse and so far, I'm not sorry that I did. Book reviews will be forthcoming!

No comments: