Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tomato Seed

The weird thing about this blog is that either people who I'm really close to read it or people who I haven't actually met in real life read it.  I know my readership has probably plunged since I don't update it as often these days, but to be honest, I don't really know for sure who (still) reads it.

Anyway, it's weird because I've had this blog for so long...over ten years, since before I graduated from undergrad.  Now here I am, a few degrees, a few moves and a husband later, and it still functions as a creative outlet of sorts.  So, dear reader, if you're still here, whether you know me personally or not, you have been with me through a lot.  So, although I don't want to release this info to the general public yet, I don't feel like I'm releasing it to the general public by writing about it on my blog.

Yesterday was P's and my second anniversary.  And we got a special anniversary present.  Yes, it finally happened, after all of my (unnecessary) agonizing over it.  We're having a baby.

I downloaded a pregnancy app, you know, the ones that compare the size of the baby to various edible items.  And yesterday, it said that our baby was the size of a tomato seed.

It doesn't feel real.  It's something I've wanted for a while, and now that it's a reality, I don't know how to take it.  We're excited, for sure, but at the same time, it hasn't quite sunken in yet.  I pray that God will continue to lead us and guide us, as He always has.  I've always struggled with trusting Him in various areas of my life.  But bringing a new life into the world?  That's on a whole other plane.  I know that this experience will cause me to rely on Him like I never have before.

1 comment:

gail said...

So happy for you all!

Though you and I have never me in person, I have been reading your posts ever since you were in Europe.
Yes, you don't post as often, but then you are rather busy, I'd say! And you are only going to get busier!
My husband and I are driving from Northern Mn to Charlotte, NC, tomorrow(and in the days following) can't help but wonder if we will be passing by your door along the way.

Praying for you in the days and years ahead.