At one of me and my guy's favorite little coffee spots. He is sitting beside me looking super hot. He has this look of determination on his face while he's engrossed in his work that I find highly attractive. I can't lie and say his spectacles don't have anything to do with it. Sometimes I miss him without his glasses, though. When we first met, he always wore contacts. But once I hinted that I was rather taken with bespectacled guys, he ditched the contacts. Once he knew that I preferred the bespectacled look, he was relieved because he didn't particularly enjoy bothering with them.
Anyway, a few more spots of sunshine to testify about:
1. I FINALLY submitted the first draft of my first dissertation chapter. Yes, it's just a draft (subject to rigorous critique and revision) and I definitely still have my work cut out for me. This is just chapter 1 of 5. But it's good to be able to get something complete off my hands. Onward!
2. An abstract that I submitted to a conference got accepted! It's going to be a presentation on a section of the chapter I just submitted. The best thing is that it's right here in my little Georgian home away from home.
3. We received a TOTALLY unexpected, VERY generous wedding gift in the mail. Well, praise the Lord. For real.
Here's me super happy while we were eating wedding cake sample cupcakes. Yes, that's a sunflower. Yes, sunflowers (even fake, sugar ones) make me muy feliz.
No comments:
Post a Comment