Saturday, February 28, 2015

Guitar Center

I went to Guitar Center with my fiancĂ© today to hear him play the drums on one of the little (electronic) drum sets they have set up for people to test out.  Even though our relationship began jamming out with each other on our acoustic guitars, he's always told me he feels more passionate about the drums.  In the many bands he's been in and collaborations he's been a part of, he was frequently the drummer.

I heard him play the drums for the first time today.  And he was amazing.  And very passionate.  And the whole thing was just...incredibly hot.

I don't know what it is about music, what it is about the creative process, what it is about collaborating together musically or just observing someone display a musical talent where they are wholly in their element, that is just super intimate.  There's something intangible, something spellbinding about it.

I told him I wouldn't be able to marry him unless I heard him play the drums.  And now that I've heard him...it's definitely on.

No comments: