So, I'm ABD. All But Dissertation. It's official. I will get a letter in the mail very soon that confirms I'm a PhD candidate. Yup. I handed all the paperwork in to the Graduate School today.
(Sigh.) Now the real work begins.
I've already had a meeting with my adviser about dissertation chapters and outlines and deadlines. I have serious work to do. I also have papers to grade and will soon have a boatload of finals to grade. Ugh.
I don't feel like doing anything. Ever since my prospectus defense, my motivation to do anything worthwhile has plummeted to zero. All I want to do is sleep, eat big breakfasts and Nutella-slathered everything, watch The Mentalist and read Adichie novels on my Kindle. All I want to do is have picnics and play guitar with my guy.
This is the one time a year I get sick, and not really, it's just kind of a gross head cold where I'm sniffling and congested. Nothing major. I just hate not being able to breathe out of my nose when I'm trying to go to sleep. It was so cute when the boyfriend presented me with an unsolicited box of nasal decongestant tablets. Aww, how romantic.
I love pleasant surprises. Like checking my email and finding that I won a $1000 scholarship. I ain't complaining.
I just don't want to do anything. All I want to do is nothing.
The age-old question: How did I get so far with such reluctance to get things done?
No comments:
Post a Comment