Saturday, March 16, 2013

Delay

I cried when I realized I was going to be stuck at the airport for two more hours.

I had a great time with friends this past week, but I was looking forward to seeing some other friends and then seeing my family.  The delay meant that I wouldn't be able to see my friends and that I wouldn't be seeing my family until much later.

For some reason, this particular flight delay made me start to think about other times when I felt stranded, thwarted, delayed without a true explanation.  What else is left to do but accept it, adjust your plans and wait?  Knowing the details does not change one single aspect about the fact that you will, regardless, have to wait.

I thought about things that I hope for that I have no control over.  No matter what I wished, what I desired, how badly my friends felt that we'd miss each other, it's nobody's fault.  It's beyond anyone's control.  And still, I have to wait.

Timing.  Is timing really everything?

No comments: