1. Got my hurr did yesterday, so I'm looking fresh to death.
2. Sipping some English breakfast tea. Delightful.
3. Finished shopping. I guess I need to wrap stuff now. I might go out one more time to just make sure I'm done.
4. Better send off those Christmas cards and quick. It won't really matter to my European friends . . . their Christmas lasts until Jan 6.
5. Cake balls. If you haven't had a cake ball (proper name: chocolate truffle), you haven't lived. Bake a chocolate cake. Dump it out in a bowl. Mix in a can of chocolate frosting. But it in the freezer for a minute until it gets firm enough to mold. Form balls out of the mixture. Dip the balls into melted chocolate. Put sprinkles on top if you like. Stick it in the fridge and voila! Instant holiday decadence.
6. Going to a Christmas wedding tomorrow. That should be lovely. I don't know if I would want a Christmas wedding, though. I guess it takes a lot of the work out of decorations and finding matching colors, etc. I want an end of summer/beginning of fall wedding. I want a sunflower harvest wedding.
7. This is all I really want for Christmas: scarves, tights, pajamas and stuff that smells good. And maybe some gift cards on the side.
8. I've been calling all those people I've been meaning to call. It's nice to have time to do that.
9. I'm so glad I haven't had any awkward run ins while being home. It's honestly one of my worst fears. That I'll be out shopping somewhere and run into a blast from the past that I'd rather not have to interact with. I really do thank God that hasn't happened. I'm not even going to add 'yet.' lol.
10. A friend asked me about New Year's resolutions, and I told him that instead of a list of resolutions, I've begun a tradition for the last few years of just coming up with more of a singular resolution/theme. 2012 was "I will rock it." And he was like, "Yeah, I can totally see how you've accomplished that this year." Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment