Sunday, September 18, 2011

I want this positive me to last.

I've been on a pretty even keel since I've jumped into this new, still-not-quite-sure-of-how-it's-going-to-pan-out life. Like, I can't remember the last time I've had a true "hopeless" moment. I've had a few unsure moments trying to figure out what church I was going to go to and some other little things here and there (e.g. crying because I missed a guitar lesson, lol) but I haven't had an out and out, I am so emotionally broken trying to climb out of an abysmal abyss of abject despair moment. I'm so through with that stuff. I cannot tell you how glad I am that those dark days are over.

I'm starting to feel like the me I knew I always was. The me that is content with my little apartment and cups of tea and sunflower decorations. The me who always sits up front. The me who wants to learn new things and signs up for Global Friends and laughs at everything and wants to be passionate about whatever it is that I end up doing and wears flowers in my hair. The me who can't live without God's presence and finally wants to serve Him for myself and no one else.

I know my positive streak is probably going to be dealt a few negative blows. C'est la vie, really. But I feel so hopeful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will. Keep her away from Irene.
k

chantell said...

We've got to figure out a better name for who the positive me needs to stay away from. You marched down the aisle to "Irene." Remember? :-)

It can't be "Chauney" (even though often spoken of brusquely) because she's not necessarily negative. LOL.

What about "Eneri"? Lolol. I am SO cracking myself up right now.

Anonymous said...

Eneri is perfect.