The whole Jacob/Rachel/Leah situation was a hot mess.
I nearly died reading Gen 30:1-13. It was like a baby-making war.
Rachel: Oh, you gon' have babies? Shoot, I'll just give Jacob my handmaid and have babies. Now!
Leah: Oh, you gon' give Jacob your handmaid? Shoot, I'mma give him my handmaid, too!
And then Gen 30:14-16. A mess.
Rachel: Girl, gimme some of your (aphrodisiac) mandrakes.
Leah: You must be outside yo mind. After you done stole my man?
Rachel: Oh, you fancy, huh? Just cause you got some mandrakes. Go head and get with him tonight with your trifling self.
Leah: (to Jacob) Wassup, baby? You gotta come see me tonight, sweet thang. I got some mandrakes that are gonna drive you wild. (to Rachel) Winning!
Jacob is strangely silent in these matters.
3 comments:
I do love your sense of humor about the Book of Genesis! You had me chuckling this morning.
Always glad to be of entertainment. ;-)
I love your blog's design! I just started one myself for our church's website. I'm kind of new to blogging though so I'm checking out other Christian blogs to get some inspiration for design and content. Feel free to check our new blog at Sanctuary of Praise
Would love to know what you think!
Post a Comment