Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bright. Lemon. Yellow.

1. I ate (another) lemon poppyseed muffin today. Those things are seriously addictive. I'm just going to break down and make some at home.

2. I wanted something bright. Lively. It's summer. I was eyeing a yellow dress a month or two ago, but decided against it because . . . it's yellow. Not exactly a versatile wardrobe item. But today, spurred on by my brightness craving, I told myself today that if I went to JCPenney and it was still there, and on sale, and in my size, it would be mine. Must've been the will of God, for all aforementioned conditions were met indeed:


3. So of course I had to buy something yellow and floral to go in my hair.

4. I signed up to bring lemonade to our 5th Sunday dinner at church tomorrow.

5. Look at the stars, / Look how they shine for you, / And all the things you do, / Yeah they were all yellow . . .

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's the yellow we call "Bella yellow" after the character in the film adaptation of Charles Dickens' Our Mutual Friend by that name. Bella Wilfer wears a lot of yellow, and it really is a bright spot in an otherwise bleak tale. I'm sure the happy ending has everything to do with her wearing so much yellow.

I like lemon poppyseed muffins, lemonade, and the Coldplay song, but your dress is precious! If I'd found it on sale in my size, I would have snatched one up too!