Saturday, October 09, 2010

An Actual Saturday

This is the first Saturday in a long time that I've felt like I can actually enjoy.

It's not like I don't still have stuff to do. There's always something to do. But I don't feel like there's this heavy cloud of ohmygodihavesomuchtodoswirling about me. This breath-taking, hyperventilation-inducing pressure that boils my brain into a thick cauldron of cerebral stew.

But I still have stuff to do.

This week kicked off my professional development Spanish class. So far, so good, I must say. I had a principal in my class make a few positive comments to me and to my supervisor about my energetic, engaging style. Hurray! However, any time something starts off with a bang, there's the pressure to keep it up. I can't lose steam.

My day job is still all the way live. But I'm learning how to handle it. No matter how horrible some of my kids are, there still exists a blessed remnant which I believe makes it worth it.

No comments: